Monday, March 28, 2011

Skate Betty Upcycles Skateboards Into Jewelry

I love upcycled fashion.  I find it interesting and such a good way to reuse something that would head to our landfills.  I have featured quite a few upcyclers in the last year and a half but just only came across Sheena of Skate Betty.  She upcycles used skateboards into bangles, pendants, and earrings.  They are brightly coloured and totally urban.  They will be soon be the new trend I am sure.  Urban art and fashion is getting hotter and hotter.  I recently bought a photograph off Etsy of a broom lying under a dirty staircase.  I am so into what is lying in dark corners that no one notices.  ;) The skateboard prints are still there but scraped and battered so it adds an edge to the bright coloured wood.  Very cool. 

"My name is Sheena and I am the owner operator of SkateBetty (recycled skateboard jewelry art & accessories). My dad introduced me to skateboard culture when i was 13 years old & I have been a Skate Betty ever since.

My shop is a collection of some of the items I have recycled out of the many boards i have accumulated over my 7 year run as a skate shop manager. I have been making & selling recycled skateboard products for some time now & i am so stoked to now offer my line on Etsy."


http://www.etsy.com/shop/SkateBetty




No comments: